Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hotel La Hasienda, Kupang

When I received the invitation of my friend's wedding in Kupang, the second thing that popped out in my head is "Where will I stay?" (Of course the first thing is the plane ticket).

I found La Hasienda in TripAdvisor.


me in the front of La Hasienda
My husband is a little picky about hotel cleanliness, so the reviews mentioned in TripAdvisor had been already a good point. For myself, I'm always try to look for a different atmosphere, so i usually try to avoid business hotel. La Hasienda could meet our expectation.

Michael, the owner himself picked up us from the airport. We even had a couple times for chit chat with him during our stay there.
this is the view from the balcony in the front of my room
We also like the decoration. It's not common to see mexican style here (hey, it's Kupang!) especially during this minimalist era (something that I always think as lack of personality). The bright orange color and the mozaic will surely attract you.
The bedroom and bathroom are very clean. Fluffy towels are available.
What do I also like is the strict non smoking policy in the room and at the public area like breakfast area. Since I was pregnant during my stay there, I felt very comfortable with this policy.

La Hasienda also has a rooftop area at the 4th floor. According to Michael, it would be a rooftop restaurant (not yet ready during our stay). You could see panoramic view of the hill and to the sea. The view is nice.
Rooftop area of La Hasienda, you could see the sea in the horizon


Power outage is still a problem at Kupang, and unfortunately they haven't had a generator yet, but it has been already on their list to be included in their service.
For the food, we tried macaroni goulash (40k IDR) and ikan goreng/ fried fish (20k). Delicious food and the price is quite reasonable.
Overall, if I have another opportunity to visit Kupang again in the future, I'll definitely stay here again.


disclaimer: I visited La Hasienda at October 2013, pardon me if something has been updated.

No comments: