Sunday, July 5, 2009

Emma - Jane Austen

Okay... this is my first review...
Emma is my first Jane Austen's book.
I've watch the movie a few years ago, but I can't quite remember the story.
I only remember that the movie was played by Gwyneth Paltrow as Emma.
Emma is a good story, funny and really entertaining.
In my opinion, it is a classical version of what we call now as chicklit genre.
You'll find a story about a young women with her problematic problem.
The plot is quite predictable, but it is still interesting to be followed.

My favorite part from this book is the charade that Mr Elton made.
To: Miss.....
My first displays the wealth and pomp of kings,
Lord of the earth! their luxury and ease.
Another view of man, my second brings,
Behold him there, the monarch of the seas!

But, ah! united, what reserve we have!
Man's boasted power and freedom, all are flown;
Lord of the earh and sea, he bends a slave,
And woman, lovely woman, reigns alone.

Thy Ready wit the word will soon supply,
May its approval beam in that soft eye!

(taken from Emma, Jane Austen)

No comments: