Thursday, August 4, 2011

Seasonal Bookworm

I'm a seasonal bookworm.
Sometimes I could read as much as 30 books/year averagely.
But sometimes, i could read as much as 5 books/year only.
I think this year is one of the latter.
It's August now and I've only read 6 books.
Honestly, there was two bad habits that I built last year.
The first one is hit-run reading.
I read only a few beginning chapters, than I just stop reading that book.
It started with Cold Mountain actually.
I've tried to read that particular book since 2010's New Year without any success.
Since then, The Monk who sold his Ferrari, The Secrets, The Essential of Hemingway and Revolutionary Road have been the books that I just left unfinished.
No.... those books are actually nice (i would feel rather guilty if i said that Hemingway's work isn't great), but I just couldn't finish reading those books.
The second one is the fact that i couldn't stop buying books.
Before 2010, I disciplined myself to not buy any books unless my to-read numbers is less than 10.
My current number is.... 28 books.
Oh gosh, I think I have to stop buying books and try to accomplish my target for this year, 30 books.

So...Ciayo...

No comments: