Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Amed Beach - Bali

Last weekend, I went to Bali for company outing.
My first reaction was "Bali"?
I stop counting my visits to Bali since a long time.
Maybe because I've been there more than 5 times, nearly once a year (twice last year, because my flight to Komodo depart from Bali).
What makes difference for this time is the destination.

The destination is Amed.
Located on Karangasem area, on the east of Bali island.
It took 3.5 - 4 hours from Kuta by bus.

On the way to Amed, you can stop at Goa Lawah, Pesinggahan, Tirta Gangga.
The last "city" before Amed is Alampura.
The view between Amlapura into Amed is surely breathtaking.
You can enjoy the view of ricefield across the valley on your side and the blue sea in the horizon for the background.
At another point, you'll see the beach below your way, with several jukung boat laying on the sea-shore.

Unfortunately, because of the flight delay, we didn't have enough time to see the sunset.
I spent the night at Coral View - Hidden Paradise.
I was lucky enough to get the Family Suite to shared with my friends.
It is a two level villa.
The room downstairs provide two single bed, the room upstairs provide one queen bed.
There is one bathroom downstairs , located outdoor (Don't worry, the wall is high enough, unless someone climb the wall, nobody will peek you naked)
Hot water is provided, also the toiletries. (The shampoo and conditioner is well enough. It didn't dry my hair even after I soaked my hair in the pool and the sea. But you can't take it home, because it is stored in a big stone bottle)

Amed is actually a small fishing village.
You can see plenty of jukung boats on the sea-shore during the time when the fisherman are not sailing.
Oh yes...I almost forgot.. Amed is a black sandy beach with sunrise view.
April(e) in May


How about the white sand lovers? Will they be dissapointed?
Of course they won't.
Below the sea-surface, the view is quite beautiful.

Try to snorkeling while you get there.
Or if you are a certified diver, try to dive there. There is a japanase wreck in Amed.
If you don't feel enough, you could arrange a dive trip to Tulamben (30 minutes from Amed). You could find the wreckage of U.S.S.R. Liberty.


You don't like to snorkling or diving?
You can still walk around the village.
It is a quiet village, so if you want to feel a different side of Bali, this is a nice place.
I really enjoy my morning walk there. It is so calm and refreshing.
7:00 AM at Amed village road

You like to enjoy spa? (Balinese massage is quite famous, isn't it?)
From the hotel information, they recommend A-Spa and Puri Wirata Spa.
I didn't have enough time to go to those places, but I was lucky enough that I found a masseuse near the pool.
I paid 150k IDR and I get 60 minutes body massage.
I think the price is reasonable, considering that Amed is only a small village.
(You'll forget about the price once the mbok's hand is in your back, and you could hear the wave sound as the background)

Last, don't forget to eat some fish.
The grilled fish is so awesome. :)

No comments: